Monday, August 10, 2015

The mayor of Nagasaki called for Obama to come and see the horrors of the atomic bomb – RIA Novosti

 The cloud from the nuclear explosion over Nagasaki, Japan. August 9, 1945

© AP Photo

TOKYO, Aug. 9 – RIA Novosti, Ivan Zakharchenko. The mayor of Nagasaki called on US President Barack Obama and leaders of other nuclear countries to personally visit this Japanese city of Hiroshima and to ensure that the horrors of the atomic bombing in 1945.

“I pay a call from Nagasaki to US President Barack Obama, heads of other states, including nuclear, to all people of the world to come to Nagasaki and Hiroshima, to make sure what happened under the mushroom cloud 70 years ago, “- said the mayor Tomihisa Taue on Sunday at the ceremony to commemorate the victims of the atomic bombing in Nagasaki.

“We must never abandon the principles of peace, that we proclaimed,” – he said.

A memorial ceremony was held with the participation of Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe and guests from more than seventy countries.

Last week, August 6, the ceremony due to the 70th anniversary of the memory of the atomic bombing took place in Hiroshima, a city that became the first to apply the US nuclear weapons.

The Americans were told that from This depended on the cessation of war and the salvation of the Japanese attack, in fact, the Japanese surrender was already a foregone conclusion. Responsible for the destruction in 1945, the civilian population of Japanese cities no one suffered.

The city of Nagasaki, killing 74,000 people. As reported by the Japanese press, among them were 12 thousand Japanese Christians, and driven to hard labor the Chinese and Koreans. Ruined appeared institutes, schools and hospitals, the largest at that time in Asia Cathedral.

The atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, from which a total of 214,000 lives lost people, were the only cases in the history of the use of nuclear weapons.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment